Why We Love Rose Quartz In Our Skin Care
It's no secret that the use of rose as an ingredient in natural and organic skin care is a mainstay, but the emergence of Rose Quartz in our skin care is on the rise, and for good reason!
Products containing rose have been around for centuries and are known to be soothing and calming; they help reduce redness and inflammation, soften the skin, and even heal blemishes. Did you know, that Rose Quartz is also used for soothing redness and irritation in the skin, and helps aid in facial relaxation potentially leading to fewer fine lines and wrinkles? It's no wonder Rose Quartz is teaming up along side rose as a major player in this innovative movement, and why we've chosen to infuse this precious gem into our PURITY Cleansing Water, WILD ROSE Complexion Mist, as well as our HARMONY, and RESTORE Facial Serums.
In today's fast-paced world, it's easy to get caught up in work schedules, deadlines, taking care of our loved ones, and forgetting about the importance of self-care. When we're over-worked and stressed, we not only feel bad, but our skin can look dull and tired. The next time you're feeling lackluster, take some time for yourself and indulge in this calming beauty ritual.
- Begin by cleansing your skin with PURITY Cleansing Water. If you are a heavier makeup wearer, use PURITY as a second cleanse. Rinse with warm water.
- After cleansing, add a small handful of WILDFLOWERS Botanical Facial Steam to a glass bowl and pour boiling water over the herbs until they are completely submerged. Allow to steep for a few minutes. After the water has cooled slightly, place your face near the bowl with a towel over your head to create a steam tent. Allow the botanical steam to infuse your pores for 1-5 minutes. Rinse face with cool clean water. Pat gently to dry. We only recommend this step once per week for one minute if you are an acneic skin type.
- Follow with a few generous spritzes of WILD ROSE Complexion Mist all over face and decollete and allow yourself to breath in the beautiful botanical scent.
- Apply 3-10 drops of either HARMONY or RESTORE Facial Serum to clean hands, Close your eyes and take a moment to take in the scent of the oil.
- Rub your hands together to warm the oil then gently press into the skin. Using upward and outward motions, blend evenly over face.
- For additional skin soothing benefits, apply a small bit of oil to a piece of Rose Quartz and gently glide the stone along jaw line, under eyes, between your eyebrows, or anywhere else you feel the stone can benefit.